Notices

Old 5th May 2012, 21:22   #1
Vindicare
Vasburg Armory
Cricket Craziness Champion 8 Ball Champion Champion

GW2 Display Name:
Spaced Invader.1823
How to apply for membership in vA

Unlike most guilds nowadays, we do not handle membership applications through forum postings. Instead we have created our own own Application Form here: http://www.vasburg.net/join/join.php
To use this form, you need to be logged in with a valid forum account (sort of to use vB's solid human verification system to block out the majority of spambots).

We recommend reading our About Us and Codex sections first, so you can decide whether you and us would make for a good match.

Afterwards, we will try to process your membership application within 24 hours (thanks to the age of mobile web devices often much faster than that). If successful, you will be granted access to our private guild forum, where you may introduce yourself.

We hope to welcome you in our ranks soon.

[edit]
If you can't see the membership application form, this is what we would like to know:
  • Your first name
  • Your age
  • Your current location
  • Your native language
  • Your playstyle: Casual, Achiever or Hardcore and PvP, PvE or PvX (i.e. both)
  • MMO background
  • Application text (free text field)
So if you can't use our form (a lot of people can't, so don't worry about it) just send a PM to me using the above template.
Vindicare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2012, 17:18   #2
McRalph
Vasburg Armory
Brick Balancing Champion Bubble Bobble The Rival Champion

GW2 Display Name:
McRalph.8047
Back in Business...

Hello together!

It's McRalph, former known as SeagleX (respectively Seagle Exanthos in Star Wars Galaxies). Nice to see that Vindi's Site still exists!

I've been effected by the GW2-Virus. And while planning to order a copy of the game (and remembering that you changed to Guild Wars some time after SWG) first thing I thought was: let's google for Vindicare. And here I am!

I'm not sure how much time I'll have for wandering through Tyria. But I would enjoy to have some online-time with you again.

Last but not least: I'm registered and logged in but following message appears:

Quote:
: : [ Access Denied ] : :
To use our membership application form you have to be a registered and logged in forum user.
If you have not yet registered a forum account, you can do so here. Otherwise just log in first.
At least I want to try becoming a member again

Many greetings

McRalph aka Murray
McRalph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2012, 18:22   #3
Vindicare
Vasburg Armory

GW2 Display Name:
Spaced Invader.1823
SeagleX! :-D
Good to see you again old friend. Unfortunately your site doesn't seem to exist anymore. Believe it or not, but I recently tried to look you up at seaglex.de
Anyway, glad to have you on board again, although I might need your help in finding this horrible join form bug. More on that once I Am back home (writing this on my cell, THAT'S how excited I Am seeing you again!)
Old 8th May 2012, 19:28   #4
Vindicare
Vasburg Armory

GW2 Display Name:
Spaced Invader.1823
Ok, got a question: Do you see yourself as logged in top left corner? Something like that:

It *appears* that there's a problem reading your cookies (which makes it all the more important to fix, since a lot of other users might potentially be affected).
Also is it right that you can't even get to the form?:

Last question: Am I having a déjà-vu here? I think we had exactly the same problem about 10 years ago
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled-1.jpg (15.4 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg Untitled-2.jpg (14.4 KB, 81 views)
Old 8th May 2012, 20:34   #5
Magnamundian
Banned

GW2 Display Name:
magnamundian.7601
Funny enough myself and Jinxsy had the same problem too.

When you register on the forum it doesn't update the main site to logged in status, you still show "Logged in as Guest" on the main site. However the forum shows that you are logged in.

If you log out of the forum and then log back in, entering your username/password for the first time, the main site then updates to show that you are logged in.

Oh, and welcome McRalph!
Magnamundian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2012, 20:51   #6
Vindicare
Vasburg Armory

GW2 Display Name:
Spaced Invader.1823
Oh, that's actually quite useful feedback. Not sure how to solve this problem yet (last time I wrote a line of html/php before this was 5 years ago, some of the code I recycled from scripts I've written literally 10 years ago, so bear with me) but at least I know where to look now.

[e]Ok, the problem *should* be solved now. Could you try and apply again, McRalph? Just for testing purposes of course.
Old 9th May 2012, 15:24   #7
McRalph
Vasburg Armory
Brick Balancing Champion Bubble Bobble The Rival Champion

GW2 Display Name:
McRalph.8047
Does still not work...

Hm, I'm still shown as 'Guest' while surfing on the site out of the forum. And yes, I can't even get to the form...

Tried to log out and log in several times. Still not working.

PS: déjà-vu, too

> btw: tried to answer mobile per smartphone, but cannot see the letters I'm writing into the message-box then (quick reply and advanced). The box stays totally black. But that's another point...
McRalph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2012, 20:56   #8
Vindicare
Vasburg Armory

GW2 Display Name:
Spaced Invader.1823
Yes, the mobile forum style currently is just a complete mess, but I got next week off, so I will have more time to look into this stuff and fix it.
Old 28th May 2012, 12:10   #9
xyberclown
Vasburg Armory

GW2 Display Name:
xyberclown.2398
Hello you all!

I'm Jonas Maesen from Belgium, my nickname is xyberclown. I played CS:S with that nickname and been in the top of it, though I got bored of it a few months ago. You can see my achievements on my steamprofile which you can find in the bottom of this post.

I used to play GW1, played it for about 3 years, but it got boring because it was a bit too repeating. I've been waiting for years on GW2 and now that it's about to get released I pre-ordered immediately.

I'm 18 years old, I become 19 at 29 July, so that is less then your requirement. Though I know I'm adult and don't moan like other kids do.
I got a very good mic hence my professional carreer in CS:S.

Thanks for reading my application and I hope you see this as a serious post.

Steamprofile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/xyberclown
xyberclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2012, 15:11   #10
Vindicare
Vasburg Armory

GW2 Display Name:
Spaced Invader.1823
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyberclown View Post
Hello you all!

I'm Jonas Maesen from Belgium, my nickname is xyberclown. I played CS:S with that nickname and been in the top of it, though I got bored of it a few months ago. You can see my achievements on my steamprofile which you can find in the bottom of this post.

I used to play GW1, played it for about 3 years, but it got boring because it was a bit too repeating. I've been waiting for years on GW2 and now that it's about to get released I pre-ordered immediately.

I'm 18 years old, I become 19 at 29 July, so that is less then your requirement. Though I know I'm adult and don't moan like other kids do.
I got a very good mic hence my professional carreer in CS:S.

Thanks for reading my application and I hope you see this as a serious post.

Steamprofile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/xyberclown
Hi there.
Now, this isn't exactly the place to apply for membership, so I take it our join form still doesn't work?

Anyway, just had to google what "CS:S" means (I only know it as Cascading Style Sheets) and apparently there's really a new Counterstrike version other than the one I played for 10 minutes roughly 12 years ago.

So to get this straight: You are bragging with some shooter achievements, so I take it you are rather leaning towards Structured PvP in GW2 (the one with the closest resemblance to traditional shooters). You should know, however, that sPvP currently has a rather low priority for us.

Therefore my simple question is: Do you still think that we are the right guild for you?
What I'd also like to know is: What are your goals and your playstyle regarding GW2? What do you expect of your future GW2 guild?
And ultimately: Why us?

Don't get me wrong. I just want to make sure that we're a good match. For both sides
Old 28th May 2012, 16:01   #11
xyberclown
Vasburg Armory

GW2 Display Name:
xyberclown.2398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicare View Post
Hi there.
Now, this isn't exactly the place to apply for membership, so I take it our join form still doesn't work?

Anyway, just had to google what "CS:S" means (I only know it as Cascading Style Sheets) and apparently there's really a new Counterstrike version other than the one I played for 10 minutes roughly 12 years ago.

So to get this straight: You are bragging with some shooter achievements, so I take it you are rather leaning towards Structured PvP in GW2 (the one with the closest resemblance to traditional shooters). You should know, however, that sPvP currently has a rather low priority for us.

Therefore my simple question is: Do you still think that we are the right guild for you?
What I'd also like to know is: What are your goals and your playstyle regarding GW2? What do you expect of your future GW2 guild?
And ultimately: Why us?

Don't get me wrong. I just want to make sure that we're a good match. For both sides
Sorry that you thought I was bragging because that's not what I ment to do, I wanted to prove I can be professional and mature, as you have to be to get somewhere in a competitve shooter.

And as I mentioned I played GW1 for 3 years both PvE and PvP wise, which was very fun. I liked both parts and I find the WvWvW, a very intertesting playmode. I'm a social person who wants to talk with people over comms/chat.

My goals consist out of playing PvE and WvWvW to start with and if I improve in this game, to start with sPvP. But that is not sure yet. I'm more here to play this game for fun, I can play 4 nights a week.

Your guild looks like a nice mature group of people, whom I can learn from and talk with. I don't want to take this game too seriously to start with, I rather have fun with friends on it and achieve something on the way on it.

Thanks in regards

xyberclown
Old 28th May 2012, 16:17   #12
Vindicare
Vasburg Armory

GW2 Display Name:
Spaced Invader.1823
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyberclown View Post
Sorry that you thought I was bragging because that's not what I ment to do, I wanted to prove I can be professional and mature, as you have to be to get somewhere in a competitve shooter.

And as I mentioned I played GW1 for 3 years both PvE and PvP wise, which was very fun. I liked both parts and I find the WvWvW, a very intertesting playmode. I'm a social person who wants to talk with people over comms/chat.

My goals consist out of playing PvE and WvWvW to start with and if I improve in this game, to start with sPvP. But that is not sure yet. I'm more here to play this game for fun, I can play 4 nights a week.

Your guild looks like a nice mature group of people, whom I can learn from and talk with. I don't want to take this game too seriously to start with, I rather have fun with friends on it and achieve something on the way on it.

Thanks in regards

xyberclown
Now that sounds a lot more convincing
Welcome to the family!
Old 28th May 2012, 18:09   #13
xyberclown
Vasburg Armory

GW2 Display Name:
xyberclown.2398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicare View Post
Now that sounds a lot more convincing
Welcome to the family!
Thank you for this oppurtunity, you won't regret this.